My name is Mircea Goia (first name, last name).
I was born and raised in Romania (Eastern Europe) and I’ve been living in USA since 2005 (in Phoenix, Arizona for now).
I work mainly as a web developer and web consultant.
Aside, I work also on several entrepreneurial Web projects.
I am interested in commercial Web development such as social networks, social media, viral marketing, online video, e-commerce, next generation web and filmmaking.
Ruby on Rails became recently one of the web development technology which sparked my interest (I worked mainly with Microsoft and Adobe technologies: ASP classic, SQL Server, IIS and Coldfusion).
For now, I wrote a Ruby on Rails installation tutorial on Linux (Ubuntu, Mint) which I hope will help people who are struggling with this (installing this on Linux isn’t easy, unfortunately).
This tutorial was featured in one of the most known Ruby on Rails online book and tutorial: Ruby on Rails Tutorial – Learn Rails by Example (Michael Hartl)
Besides working on my own projects I do (or did) advise several startups in the technology area:
- Cinely.comÂ Â (filmmaking social network)
- TVMuse.euÂ Â (TV and movies aggregator)
- Ubervu.comÂ Â (social media marketing)
- 2performant.comÂ Â Â (affiliate tracking)
- GolibreÂ Â (crowdfunding for travelers – in project)
- TakeOverPayment.comÂ Â (new and used cars search)
- UsedCarNetwork.comÂ (used-only cars search)
- AmeriBusinessProducts.comÂ Â (office and business products)
- LocalMediaGroup.com (TakeOverPayment, UsedCarNetwork and AmeriBusinessProducts belong to it)
- Trigwee.com Â (personal happiness social network – dead now)
- Trippydoo.com Â (travel social network – dead now)
I also founded the RomanianStartups.com website, which shows the Romanian tech startups scene to the world.
My artistic hobby is filmmaking with special interest in producing and directing.
I am listed on IMDB Â and I have helped produced (associate producer, executive producer) several short films.
- “Ingenious” (feature film starring Jeremy Renner and Dallas Roberts), won the Phoenix Film Festival in 2009
- “Parallax” (war action short), won theÂ Phoenix Film Festival 2012 Best Arizona Short award.
- “Traveling Through Life” (Sci-Fi short)
- “November Renaissance” (Sci-Fi short)
I am helping now, as an executive producer, in making a feature long Sci Fi film called “Outpost731″ and another Sci-Fi short called “Colonial Theater”, both filmed in Arizona (and in Romania, for “Colonial Theater”).